Green tea is one of the top fat-burning foods, thanks to the metabolism-boosting compound – EGCG. A study suggests, by drinking four cups of green tea every day, you can shed more than six pounds in just eight weeks.
This rich-in-flavor tea is perfect if you are bored of ordinary green tea. Flavored with cayenne spices, lemon, and agave nectar, it provides all the nutritional benefits of green tea and will fill you up as well.
Spiced Green Tea Smoothie – Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup strong green tea, chilled
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 TBSP)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 small pear, skin on, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- To make strong tea for this smoothie, brew 2 green tea bags in 6 oz boiling water.
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drink cold.
- Calories per serving: 82
- Fat per serving: 0.2g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Protein per serving: 1g
- Carbohydrate per serving:21g
- Fiber per serving: 3g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg
- Iron per serving: 0.0mg
- Sodium per serving: 13mg
- Calcium per serving: 39mg
Credit – Health.com