Here’s a quick and easy to make no-bake dessert recipe. It is a healthy one too. It uses dates for sweetness and lemon juice and nutmeg for zingy flavor.
For Topping: ½ cup walnuts, 2 chopped dates
For Filling: 4 peeled and diced apples and 1 tbsp lemon juice
For Applesauce: 2 peeled and diced apples, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 5 dates, ¼ cup raisins, ¼ tsp cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- To make crumble topping, blend the walnuts and dates in a food processor until sized to Grape Nuts cereal.
- To prepare the filling, toss the apples with lemon juice well.
- For applesauce, rake all the applesauce ingredients in a food processor. Blend it till puree.
- Toss this mixture with sliced apples.
- Serve in dessert dishes, topped with date nut crumbles.
Recipe Credit: Straight Up Food
Also Try: Avocado-Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream