Let’s celebrate the rise of Christ, this Easter with delightful egg recipe to keep you egg-cited in this festive season. Easter is more than a beautiful story, it’s the promise of life and eternal glory, celebrate this feeling of love and bring more to your Easter celebrations with lip-smacking and delightful recipes. This recipe is great for diabetics, gluten-free, heart healthy and low in sodium and fat content. Make this Easter more Eggstra with light and healthy Easter Eggs.
Let’s have a look:
Serving size: 1 deviled Egg
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
33 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat); 0 g fiber; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 5 mcg folate; 54mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 111 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 10 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 83 mg sodium; 30 mg potassium
You can reduce the calorie by substituting egg yolk with nonfat cottage cheese to make it healthier.
- Eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, 12 units
- Cottage Cheese, non-fat, ½ a cup
- Mayonnaise, low-fat, ¼ a cup
- Chives or Scallion greens, fresh, minced, 3 tablespoons
- Sweet pickle relish, 1 tablespoon
- Yellow Mustard, 2 teaspoons
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Paprika for garnish
- Cut eggs in to halves lengthwise and gently scoop out the yolks. Put 16 halves yolks in a blender with cottage cheese, mayonnaise, chives or scallion greens, relish, mustard, salt and blend them until smooth.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of yolk mix into each half egg and garnish it with paprika.
Note: To keep it for party, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Boiling Tip: Use a saucepan to boil, place eggs in a single layer and fill pan with water. Keep simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low- simmer for 10 minutes. Pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water before peeling.
Recipe Credit: Eating Well.