Eggs make a perfect healthy value addition for dieters. They aren’t just tasty, they’re low in calories as well – to be specific, 80 calories per egg. They are packed with protein that fulfills your cravings.
This egg salad recipe is a healthy treat for your lunchtime. The low-fat Greek yogurt replaces mayo cutting down fat and calories and the curry powder adds aroma and a natural dose of antioxidants.
Curried Egg Salad Sandwich – Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 orange
- Combine eggs, yogurt, bell pepper, curry powder, salt, and pepper, in a small bowl; stir well.
- Place spinach on rye bread, top with egg salad, and serve the orange on the side.
- Calories per serving: 410
- Fat per serving: 14g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 2g
- Protein per serving: 22g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 51g
- Fiber per serving: 8g
- Cholesterol per serving: 425mg
- Sodium per serving: 870mg
- Resistant starch per serving: 1.8g
Recipe Credit: Health.com