Dessert doesn’t always have to be unhealthy or difficult to prepare!
Here is an easy to make dessert, made from banana and semisweet chocolate, that is rich in resistant starch and healthy carbohydrate that help burn calories. The semisweet chocolate in this dessert contains healthy fats that rev up your metabolism. Chocolate is a rich source of metabolism-boosting MUFAs, and bananas are the richest source of Resistant Starch, making this dessert a weight-loss winner.
Preparing this dessert is easier than making a pie is. You just need two things – a knife and a microwave.
Recipe – Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bites
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 small banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Place chocolate chips in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag or small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts.
- Dip banana pieces in chocolate.
- Let cool.
- Calories per serving: 190
- Fat per serving: 7g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: .5g
- Protein per serving: 2g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 36g
- Fiber per serving: 4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0mg
- Sodium per serving: 0mg
- Rs per serving: 4g
Recipe Credit – Health.com