This simple yet tasty morning pick-me-up features no fewer than three of the best foods to eat for breakfast. The bananas and whole-grain rye bread are high in resistant starch, to help boost metabolism, while the almond butter adds hunger-curbing protein and healthy monounsaturated fats.
One slice contains just 280 calories, but it’s guaranteed to keep you full until lunchtime.
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 slice rye bread, toasted
- 1 banana, sliced
- Spread almond butter on toast.
- Top with banana slices.
- Calories per serving: 280
- Fat per serving: 11g
- Saturated fat per serving: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 2.5g
- Protein per serving: 6g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 44g
- Fiber per serving: 5g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg
- Sodium per serving: 260mg
- Resistant Starch: 5.6g
Recipe Credit: Health.com