Week 5: Victory in Round 1
Welcome to week 5 of your 5-week weight loss plan.
Let’s take a quick look back over where we’ve been.
In Week 1, you got started on eating healthy and exercising.
In Week 2, we turned things up a notch on workout and diet.
In Week 3, you learned how to get over the hump and fight the mental barriers to success.
In week 4, we went further into things to put in your body and things to leave out.
And now for week 5, we’re going to offer you a few tips to help you continue on this path you’ve already started down.
With your new habits established, here are a few parting tips to keep going on to the next level.
- Create a written fitness plan and stick to it.
- Add a 10-minute warm up to your exercise routine.
- Stretch after warming up.
- Do 10 to 20 sets of exercises as advised by a physical trainer.
- Don’t push yourself too hard, so you avoid injuries.
- Include different exercises to work different parts of the body.
- Refine your exercise routine to target specific problem areas.
- Keep a regular schedule. Habit and routine are what will see you through.
- Look into circuit training to maximize your fat burn.
- Have high-density nutritious meals. Be sure to include fruits, leafy vegetables and whole foods.
- Don’t skip planned meals.
- Allow your body a rest day from your exercise routine so it can recover.
- Allow yourself an occasional cheat day to indulge in a favorite food sin. (But only occasionally!)
- Get your DNA and blood tested to help fine tune your diet to your unique body.
- Talk to a nutritionist to custom-tailor your healthy eating plan.
- Look into nutritional supplements to help augment your diet
- Talk to a professional to see which body contouring and enhanced weight loss methods may give you the edge in reaching your goals.
But here is the most important tip.
Don’t Give Up
Even if you’ve already crashed and burned on this diet like you have with a painful amount of others in the past, don’t stop. Go back to week 1 and start again.
Do you have a success story you’d like to share? Then we’d love to hear from you. Send us a message and tell us your story. You may win cool prizes and even be included in future Slimming Studios media.
And remember, don’t wait to lose weight.