It’s Parents’ Day. So, if you are a parent, it is a special day for you. Aren’t you going to do something special for your child(ren) this Parents’ Day? I am sure, you want to do something that helps your son or daughter throughout their life. This Parents’ Day special blog is for Parents; it offers some valuable tips to parents on how they can help their children develop and practice healthy eating habits.
Kids these days love junk food. You know, junk food can never be healthy. It contains no nutrients. Contrarily, it is loaded with a lot of unhealthy elements that have adverse effects on your kids’ health. Some of the most-seen side-effects of junk food are –
Now you know the consequences of your son or daughter’s not quitting junk food. Since it’s Parents’ Day – it’s the best occasion to help your child develop healthy eating habits and get a healthy, disease-free life.
8 Tips to Help Your Chive Develop Healthy Eating Habits
If you want your children to practice healthy eating, then you will need to set an example before them by modeling those habits by yourself. For your child, you are his or her role model. That’s why it is important for you to act like a role model. If you want them to avoid junk food, you too should say no to such foods in front of them.
1. Make healthy food choices. Prepare a healthy meal plan to be practiced in your house. Tell your kids the benefits of healthy foods and why these foods are important. Do talk about the disadvantages of unhealthy foods. This way, you will be making them understand what’s healthy and what’s not.
2. Don’t dictate orders. Giving orders regarding what to eat and what not to eat sometimes works negatively for some kids. Scientifically also, it has been proven that explaining things is the best way to teach and make kids learn. No one likes to hear what he or she must do. So, just keep the environment healthy by not dictating your orders. Teach them the pluses of healthy foods and the minuses of junk foods calmly.
3. Ask your kid to chew food properly and slowly. Meals should never be a quickie. Ask your kids to eat slowly chewing each bite properly. Chewing food relieves the burden from digestive system. Crunching and chomping your food thoroughly is healthy for you – you should tell your kid(s). In fact, teach them how to do it.
4. Take your kids out. Morning and evening walks are healthy exercises that help you stay fit and healthy. Encourage your kid(s) to come with you for walk. In the same way, you can also take him or her for swimming, shopping, and gardening.
5. Involve your children in food shopping as well. Doing so will enable your kids to get an idea about healthy foods. This is a cool way to educate them about the nutritional benefits of food items you are buying.
6. Cook healthy snacks for them. There are many snacks that are healthy and can be cooked easily at home. What an idea to celebrate Parents’ Day! Also, teach them how quick and easy it was to cook.
7. No TV, Laptop or Phone while Eating. Eating while watching TV or playing games on phone increases the chances of overeating. Establish a practice of eating with family on dining table in your house. This way, you can save your kids from overeating and approaching health problems such as obesity.
8. Fix a balanced meal (school lunch) for your child. Have a detailed and balanced meal plan for your son or daughter’s lunch time. The idea is to pack a meal that supplies necessary nutrients from a variety of sources. Take care of the portion size as well.
Hope these tips prove helpful in developing healthy eating habits in your child. These best practices will help you ensure the wellbeing of your son or daughter. Signing off for now. Hope you have a pleasant and Happy Parents’ Day!