According to a factsheet published by the World Health Organization (WHO), the same report can be seen republished on the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO), “Worldwide obesity has doubled since 1980.”
This data is an eyeopener. But, the revelations related to the severity of over-weightiness or obesity in the United States are even more shocking.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, says that about (36.5%) of U.S. adults are suffering from obesity. This piece of information is posted under the title Adult Obesity Facts.
Did you know, what does 36.5% denote? It is more than one-third of the total population of adults in the United States.
But, what’s the definition of obesity?
The most common question that people ask Slimming Studios – a leading wellness center that offers medical weight loss treatment in and around Dallas, Texas – is how do I make sure if I am obese?
The answer is: If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is greater than 25, you are overweight.
And if this calculation hits 30 or more than that, you can count yourself obese.
There are many online tools, one is available on the Slimming Studios website as well, that can help you calculate and be sure of your body mass index.
Problems and Health Risks of Obesity
Per an article published on the website of U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, “Overweight and obesity may increase the risk of many health problems, including diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers.”
The same article also states that pregnant obese women can become a victim of many short- and long-term health problems. These health problems may have an impact even on their child.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease & Strokes
- Sleeping Disorder
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Problems
Because of their weight and size, obese people get tired very easily, which leads to a great disappointment at several occasions. They can’t wear their favorite dress, they can’t even imagine going to the beaches. Using stairs, playing, walking, running, sitting at one place for long, and fitting into their car seems an out-of-the-question exercise for them. A large number of people are dumped by their partner because of unattractiveness caused by obesity.
Medical Weight Loss Treatment
According to medical weight loss doctors at Slimming Studios, getting rid of fattiness is a great way to prevent the health risks mentioned above. The treatment will also help you look good, feel good and do good.
Additionally, losing weight will make you fit for your clothes. You will be able to wear whatever you want, without worrying about how or what you would look.
There are loads of benefits of unloading the excess fat and obesity from your body. These 9 benefits of weight loss are surely going to surprise you –
- Better hormonal balance. Hormones regulate your metabolism, which empowers your muscles and gives you strength. Healthier your hormones, the better immunity you have. When you don’t have excess body weight, your hormones are balanced and your immunity is strong.
- Improved sex life. Losing weight can boost testosterone levels and libido in your body system, stimulating your sex drive to a greater extent. Not only that, your performance in bed also betters when you reduce your weight.
- Enjoy food. When you are fit and fine, food definitely tastes better, doesn’t it? A study conducted at the Stanford University affirms this statement.
- Calm and restful sleep. Sleeplessness is a common picture for the obese people. At first, you can’t really imagine sleeping comfortably in one position due to the body weight. Secondly, worrying is another reason for sleeplessness in flocks aching from fatness and bulkiness. So, lose weight to get more and restful sleep.
- No pain in joints. Joint pain is a common problem for people in their thirties and forties. You are in thirties when our joints start paining. Not to mention, this is a more serious problem for people with obesity. So, to avoid joint pain, you know you should go for some kind of weight loss program.
- Improve memory. The aforementioned article on Eat This, Not That, also claims that excess fat can be a reason for your not being able to remember the names of the people you meet. If you are suffering from size and weight, and it could be an uphill task for you to recite people’s names and past events. It is time to get rid of excess body fat. This might improve your weakened memory.
- Be active in all seasons. An obese man can’t be an all-season man. Summers and rains will never be your mate, despite the fact that these are two of the loveliest seasons. To welcome weathers and seasonal changes, you can think of going for a medical weight loss program.
- Lower the risk of cancer, blood pressure, and an array of disarrays. As cited earlier, obesity is the root cause of innumerable health problems, some of which – such as cancer, low and high blood pressure, and kidney and liver diseases – can be life-threatening. If you do not want to get into such serious medical needs, cutting the excess weight is one of the great ways to follow.
- Spend more on yourself. When you are perfectly fit, with no signs of being big or heavy, you will not be spending your earnings on your medical bills. All your paychecks will be all yours.
There you have it. You will see a lot of other surprising benefits once you get started on your weight loss journey. If you have observed any unique benefit because of being fit or losing weight, leave it in the comment section.