Memorial Day is around the corner, and whether you are hosting a pool party or going for a potluck to celebrate the extended weekend, we have some healthy and weight-loss recipes to add more fun and taste to your Memorial Day party.
With extended weekend and party mood, you often binge on dishes with a lot of calories. Don’t let this party mood take a toll on your weight loss goals by increasing your calorie intake. We hope everyone has a happy, healthy, balanced Memorial Day Weekend. We are here with four fantastic recipes to help you lose weight making you look flawless for the party. Check them out here:
Refresh yourself with this healthy dose of berries and mint on watermelon crust, ditch the classic crust to stay healthy and maintain weight loss on this weekend party mood.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Calorie per serving: 64 calories.
- Low-fat Plain Yogurt,1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract,1/4 Tsp
- Honey, one tsp
- Mint leaves, torn, two Tsp
- Watermelon, cut from the center of the melon, two large slices
- Strawberries, 2/3rd cup
- Blackberries, 1/2 a cup
Add yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl and mix it well.
Take a watermelon slice and spread the yogurt mix well and decorate it well with blackberries, strawberries, and mint. Cut each slice into eight wedges and enjoy.
Country Potato Salad
Potato is nature’s greatest snacks, enjoy a crunchy potato salad with smoked ham this party season and relish a healthy party snack which helps in kicking it off. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
Calorie per serving: 137 calories per cup
- Potatoes, small sized, 2 pcs, preferably heirloom
- Buttermilk, non-fat, 3/4th of a cup
- Fresh parsley, 1/4th of a cup
- Celery, chopped, 1 cup
- Fresh chives, mint, 2 tbsp each]
- Lemon juice,1 tbsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Peanut or canola oil, 1tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Smoked ham sliced into strips, 2 ounces
- Eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Take a saucepan, place potatoes and fill it with water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until tender. It will generally take 12 to 20 minutes depending on the size. Drain the water and let it cool to peel off the skin.
- Check the taste of the skin, if it is bitter then peel off the potatoes otherwise leave them as it is. Cut the potatoes in small size into a large salad bowl.
- Add celery, ham, parsley, chives, mint into the potatoes and give it a nice toss. Add buttermilk, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oil and more. Add chopped egg to give it a final touch. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
Taste the lip-smacking dessert this weekend with family and friends over Memorial Day. You’ll never feel the guilt of eating blueberry muffins with this gluten-free, clean, lower in carbs and soft almond flour muffins.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Calorie per serving: 240g
- Almond Flour, 2 cups
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- Eggs, Egg whites two each, use baking soda (1 tsp) and applesauce(1/4tsp) to make it vegan.
- Agave (Maple Syrup or Stevia), 1/4th of a Cup
- Baking Soda, 1/2 Tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar,1 Tbsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Vanilla Extract, 1 Tsp
- Coconut Oil, 2 Tbsp
- Blueberries,1 cup
- Initially Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Blend all ingredients smooth using processor excluding blueberries.
- Mix fold the blueberries.
- Grease the tray with non-stick cooking spray and even scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place on the cooking rack and serve it warm.
Bacon Brussels Sprout Skewers
Weekend with family often demands something healthy and meaty. So here we go with this plump and juicy bacon in the form of bacon brussels sprout skewers.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
Calorie per serving: 75g
- Brussels sprouts, 1 lb.
- Thick-cut bacon, package,1 lb.
- Flaky Sea Salt, a pinch
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start with preheating oven to 400 degrees F. Inside a large baking pan, place a metal rack.
- Take the skewers and pierce one end of the strip of bacon, pierce and place a brussels sprout on the top of bacon and follow the steps forming a weave. Repeat same with other brussels sprouts as per the size of skewers.
- Place the skewers with bacon on baking sheets and roast them for 20 to 25 minutes until charred.
- Add more taste with a dash of salt and pepper before serving.
Hope these recipes will keep you fit and infuse your summer weekend with sunshine and fresh fruits and veggies to stay healthy, lose weight and stay fit.
Slimming studios brings the benefits to you with our effective weight loss techniques and methods. We emphasize on weight loss through nutrition and each diet plan is personalized for you by the expert nutritionist.
Recipes Credit: Eating Well and Delish
Read also: How Healthy Is Hummus For You?