Now you know all the benefits of grapefruit. The next question crops up in your mind is grapefruit and its preparations. We are here to invigorate your senses with the freshness of season’s best pick. Try these lip-smacking recipes at home and lose more weight with the benefits of grapefruit. Take notes:
Slim Down Smoothie
Smoothie is a perfect option to kick-start morning, sip-in this on-the-go smoothie and feels the tangy delish taste of this grapefruit smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of vitamins and nutrients, so it’s great for breakfast. Moreover, grapefruit and pineapple are both thought to have fat burning and metabolism boosting properties, it will provide an extra boost to your weight loss goals.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Nutrition: 95 calories, 1 g fat ((0.5 g saturated), 36 mg sodium, 18.1 g carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 14.7 g sugar, 3.7 g protein
- Orange Juice, 12 oz
- Red Grapefruit, 1 Dole
- Pineapple, frozen, 1 cup
- Strawberries, frozen, 1 cup
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt, 1 cup
- Handful of Ice
Take all the ingredients in a jar and blend it until smooth. Add ice and serve.
Broiled Grapefruit Brown Sugar Honey
If you think desserts gives you more calories, then you haven’t made this one with grapefruit. A sweet lip-smacking dessert in just 81 calories to tempt your taste buds with the divine flavor of grapefruit with honey and brown sugar for a flat belly.
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Nutrition: 81 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 3 mg sodium, 21 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 17.7 g sugar, 1 g protein.
- Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon,1 teaspoon
- Honey, 1 teaspoon
- Take a bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it on the two halves of grapefruit
- Next drizzle honey on the same set of halves to bring more sweetness to the tangy grapefruits
- Broil the grapefruit by placing them on a cookie sheet in an oven for 4-6 minutes on a standard temperature. Make sure you keep track of temperature to ensure they don’t get burnt. After broiling the juices and the tartness of grapefruits will just come out to you. You’ll end up making this dessert as your breakfast staple
Homemade Grapefruit Jello
If you are looking for something healthy and refreshing with a minimal amount of sugar then grapefruit Jello is for you. This will drench your taste buds with flavors of fresh fruit in form of jello. A simple and quick bite-sized jellos for weight loss.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Nutrition: 34 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 5 mg sodium, 6.7 g carbs, <1 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 2.4 g protein
- Grapefruit juice, 1 ½ cup
- Unflavoured gelatine,1/2 oz, 2 packets
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Water, ¾ cup
- First, start with sprinkling the gelatine over 1 cup of the grapefruit juice and mix it well till it gets soften for like 5 minutes
- Heat the mix of water and sugar and continuously stir it to dissolve sugar until water comes out to be simmer
- Pour the hot liquid over the mix of juice and gelatine and to maintain the consistency, add remaining ½ cup juice
- You can pour it in individual serving cups or on to the glass pan.
- Refrigerate until completely firm, several hours
- Once they get firm, cut them into bite-sized cubes
For a perfect jello slice, you can dip a knife in a very hot water before each cut to ensure a finely diced jello. To maintain the taste and shape, keep them refrigerated as gelatine will eventually turn them back to liquid.
Detox Mint Tea
Tea is known for its soothing power and relished in a pleasant weather. When you drink tea you’ll feel bored of the usual blends, we’ve come up with a creative blend of grapefruit honey mint tea. It is a great substitute of caffeine and its darn tasty hot bevy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Nutrition: 38 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 9.8 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 9 g sugar, <1 g protein
- Mint, 2 sprigs
- Water, 3/4 cup
- Fresh grapefruit juice, 3/4 cup
- Honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Take a small pot, add mint sprigs and water to it. Heat over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Cut and squeeze the juice of grapefruit to the boiling water till it reduces to simmer.
- Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, then remove sprigs of mint. Add grapefruit juice and honey. Adjust portion of honey based on desired sweetness.
- Pour into a mug and garnish with extra mint, if desired. Enjoy warm.
I hope I’ve given you a list of healthy recipes using grapefruit for weight loss and well-being. Stay tuned for more recipes coming next week.